Share |

Donnerstag, 18. November 2010

D-Sisive - "No More Words"/"If..." - Jonestown.2: Jimmy Go Bye Bye"


If Andre 3000 wrote his own press release, you’d…Naah. Too obvious. Unless you haven’t heard ‘If…’. Then not obvious at all. But once you hear it..so obvious. Fu*k it.

It’s 7:06 am. I’m sitting on my sofa, struggling to write a ‘proper’ press release for my new singles. I’m also monitoring my cat Willy’s recent detox from wet food. He’s sweating. Climbing the walls. It’s hard to be funny when your cat is calling you a ‘piece of sh*t.’

I tried to start with the city I’m from, followed by cheap adjectives. Toronto. Prolific. Alternative. White. Rapper.

Rappers always refer to their new songs as ‘Smash Hits’ even though nobody has heard them. Even though nobody will ever hear them.

“I’m taking over this year!” That’s a good one.

2 new singles, produced by Muneshine, off of my new album, also produced by Muneshine. My new album, which will be my last album released under the ‘D-Sisive’ monocle. Moniker.

Sorry if I confuse you with so much new music. It can be very confusing.

Sing me a swan song.
Derek

Am 28. November wird D-Sisive das Album "Jonestown.2: Jimmy Go Bye Bye" droppen. Es wird sein letztes sein, und gratis obdrein. Die Beerdigung von Derek Christoffs Alterego D-Sisive findet am 27. November live on stage statt. Nun, D-Sisive wird in knapp zwei Wochen nicht mehr existieren, Derek Christoff wird aber nicht aufhören. Was seine nächsten Projekte in der Post-D-Sisive-Ära sein werden, hat der MC aus Toronto noch nicht verlauten lassen. Als Appetizer auf das kommende Album hat D-Sisive die Tracks "No More Words" und "If..." freigegeben. Beide Tracks sind wie das gesamte Album von Munshine produziert worden. Vor allem "If..." hat es mir derbe angetan. Aber hört selbst....
Das ganze "No More Words"/"If..."-Package kann HIER auf den hauseigenen Rechner gezogen werden.

Keine Kommentare:

Dig In The Crate